Hand applique

Thursday, February 5, 2015

January bag

I just wanted to show you my "January bag" today.  At Quilt Market in Houston last October we got a lot of great bag patterns, so we decided to have a "Bag of the month" club at the shop. Sewing together is just so much fun, and since the patterns are in English we can help each other if there is something we don't understand....
The January bag is by designer Sara Lawson of "Sew Sweetness".  She makes wonderful bag patterns, and they are super easy to understand!  The pattern we chose was "the Byebye love bag"
You can make this bag in two different sizes, and this is the larger one- and my favorite bag at the moment! ( I made one large one and two small ones....)
So many wonderful bags were made in January, It is so great to see how different they all came out just by using different fabrics!
Tuesday is our first February bag club meeting, and I will show you the february bag later. ( Yes I already made one...)

5 comments:

  1. I like cartoon fabrics though I never purchase them. A bag would be such a good use for it.

    ReplyDelete
  2. That's adorable! I love how you paired the comic strip fabric with the big polka dots!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Love the bag the fabric is cute! Hope you all are doing well, Love to all, Marie

    ReplyDelete

Thank you for taking the time to leave a comment, I really appreciate it!