Hand applique

Wednesday, January 9, 2008

Birthday blocks

I've joined in a "birthday block swap" on the garden web, and it looked like so much fun I decided to join two groups- since I have nothing else to do, right... LOL. The way this works is we get divided into groups of 13 people, our birthdays in different months so we have plenty of time in between each block. Everyone decides for themselves which block they would like to receive, and which colours to use. Some of us have just decided on a theme- right now I'm working on a block with a Wizard of Oz theme- in bright primary colours which was requested by a NY quilter :-). Some have requested star bocks (any star), others only give a colour preference, and design is "quilters choice" In December we all received a list from the host of this swap, Amy, with all the details we need to make and send each block. I am so excited about this swap- it is a wonderful way of learning new skills and blocks I wouldn't have done if not in the swap.
Now if anyone knows of a good frog block pattern I would be a very happy camper!

The block on the top is "shooting star" from quilters Cache- requested by the recipient.
The bottom block is "on the Oregon trail" from Quilters Cache- recipient requested any block in pink and brown.

3 comments:

  1. I'm sure both recipients will be thrilled to pieces. Frog block, huh? Hmmm... that might take some searching, I'll see what I can find.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Great blocks! And sounds like a fun swap! :o)

    I've given you a "You make my day" award :o) Have a look at my blog.

    ReplyDelete
  3. I love both of those blocks. I used the shooting stars one in blues and whites. It turned out very nice. The Oregon Trail block I used as a fundraiser for the Vancouver Symphony. Great work on your blocks, as usual. :)

    ReplyDelete

Thank you for taking the time to leave a comment, I really appreciate it!