Hand applique

Friday, January 4, 2008

Happy Day!

Yey, I finally found the other battery charger for my camera! Thank you again Sarah for my wonderful SSCS gifts! Not the best picture of me.... but I LOVE this apron and bag. I always use aprons when I'm cooking or baking, and this one is now my favorite one! The bag is just so cute, I'm saving it for warmer days, it will be my "spring bag". Please take a look at Sarah's blog- she has much better pictures of my lovely gifts :-)
Remember I said I was hoping to finish the sweater I was working on by the end of January? Well, last night I finished it- finally! The pattern is from Dale of Norway, and it is the Norwegian Ski federations 100th anniversary sweater. It was supposed to be for me, but I think I will have to give it to Kristine when she comes home from Texas tomorrow. Whohoo- I'm so excited, my little (actually she's not so little anymore...) girl is coming home. I've missed her so much! Well, we all have. We'll be heading for the airport tomorrow morning- it's a 3 1/2- 4 hr. drive.
Here's the whole sweater- badly out of focus- sorry guys!

Now who are these girls you may ask? Hopefully they will be finished by the end of the weekend.... I'll give you a clue: AnnAKa!
Have a wonderful weekend, and thank you for reading!

14 comments:

  1. Indeed of the beautiful gifts! A lot of fortune:))) I love the pink sweater! Have a great and creativity New Year!Hugs

    ReplyDelete
  2. Your gifts look so beautiful. I had seen them on Sarah’s blog! And so do you! The matroyshka’s look great! Your ‘little’ girl will have lots to talk about!

    ReplyDelete
  3. The sweater is absolutely stunning, love the Russian nesting dolls too; they're wonderful! Welcome home to Kristine!!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Beautiful gifts and a lovely sweater! You do such wonderful work! Enjoy you time with your daughter! Happy New Year!

    ReplyDelete
  5. You are multi-talented! Love the sweater, also the lovely SSGS gifts. How wonderful to have your DD home for a while!

    ReplyDelete
  6. Somehow I have not realized you are also a knitter. That sweater is beyond stunning! I am in awe of all the talented fiber artists out there in blogland.

    ReplyDelete
  7. great xmas gifts from Sarah........thanks for joining in the SSCS.......and lovely jumper......

    ReplyDelete
  8. Wow, that sweater is amazing!

    ReplyDelete
  9. What a great SCS gift! Wow, that sweater is amazing. Looks like your 2008 is off to a crafty start.

    ReplyDelete
  10. If you look at my niece's blog Strikkemor(o), you'll see the same sweather.
    Happy new year!

    ReplyDelete
  11. What a beautiful sweater. Kristine is a lucky young lady to be getting it.

    ReplyDelete
  12. Very pretty sweater- I love all the pink/brown combinations I am seeing. IN fact, I just finished a quilt (just for me!) with lots of those fabs in.

    ReplyDelete
  13. Gratulerer med fullført gensar! Med meg går det litt seint framover, men eg håper at eg klarar å fullføre gensaren denne vinteren!

    ReplyDelete
  14. What fun gifts and what a cute chick! :)

    ReplyDelete

Thank you for taking the time to leave a comment, I really appreciate it!