Hand applique

Thursday, March 1, 2018

Waiting for Spring....


So this is the warmest temperature we have today.... Woke up to -36 C, a beautiful day though with blue skies and the sun shining :-)
Even if winter is still holding on, I am sewing for Spring :-)  I love fresh yellows, oranges and greens....  This table runner is from the book "Weekend Quilting", and the fabrics are by Zen Chic ( Modern Background Colorbox) and Beach Road by Jen Kingwell Both for Moda Fabrics.  This was a quick and fun runner to sew, and I can see how it would look great in a number of different fabrics and color ways.

On to a new project.... Log Cabin blocks :-)  I haven't sewn log cabin blocks in a while, but they are so fun and easy to sew- perfect for when you just want to sit down by the sewingmachine and keep sewing without too much preparation work.  I used a log cabin ruler from Marti Michell for easy piecing!

I made four blocks for a small table topper, I think it turned out pretty cute, and perfect for Easter!
Hope you are staying warm wherever in the world you are :-)
Photobucket

3 comments:

  1. Love your runner & tabletopper. So bright & cheery. Hugs, xx

    ReplyDelete
  2. Well,I like very much every think of your blog by by

    ReplyDelete

Thank you for taking the time to leave a comment, I really appreciate it!