Hand applique

Saturday, January 2, 2016

Hope Chest blocks

Today I managed to sneak in a few hours in my sewing room, which was great!  I had planned on making a class sample for a bag class ( actually a wallet class) that starts in a week, but I got sidetracked with these fun blocks!  I started on them right after Quilt Market in October, but I still had not finished them.

The pattern and fabrics are by Sherri over at a Quilting Life and I have now finished all the half square triangles, and need to make the blocks with sashing and cornerstones before sewing the quilt together.  Since I have a fat quarter bundle of the fabrics, there isn't enough for the border, so I need to figure out what to do with that.  Maybe I'll just skip the border all together?? First I need to finish my blocks though :-) 
Photobucket

8 comments:

  1. Pretty blocks, love them. Hugs,xx

    ReplyDelete
  2. I do like this quilt........glad you have found some time to get into it..........
    looking forward to more progress.......

    ReplyDelete
  3. They are coming along beautifully!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Beautiful blocks there Anne Heidi... happy new year to you!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Love your gorgeous blocks Anne Heidi. Such lovely colors too

      Delete
  5. The blocks appear like Ohio stars but done on point--very pretty.

    ReplyDelete
  6. Dette blir veldig fint. Blokkene gjør mye av seg.

    ReplyDelete

Thank you for taking the time to leave a comment, I really appreciate it!