Hand applique

Monday, October 5, 2015

A little bit of everything....

I am staying very busy, which is good.... After we moved our shop, my husband started a big change at his shop (Yes, we have a shop each...LOL) Well, not anymore- My husband sold his shop to a chain of hardware stores called "Tools", so his shop has gone through a major change.  Today was their opening day of the new shop, and eventually I am looking forward to have him a little more at home, and a little less at work....( but that might take a while...) He still runs she shop, but now someone else does all the paperwork.
In the picture above I have just made a small table topper using a mini charm pack by Brenda Riddle.  At her class early this summer she gave each of us a mini charm pack of her upcoming fabric line which is just adorable!

I have made progress on my candle mat as well.  I am loving everything about wool appliqué!!  I see more of this in my future ( especially since I have a large kit bought at Quilt Market last year)

The bag class at the shop is finished, and I am very impressed with all the ladies, they made such beautiful bags! I am teaching the same class in Røros in November ( a weekend class)

Yesterday I started a new project using the Basix ruler.  The pattern is called "Pick me", and I suggest to any of you who are thinking about making this- Check their website for updates on the pattern! Quite a few errors there which was very frustrating, But I am determined to make it work. ( I checked for updates a little too late...) I will share more pictures as i get the blocks sewn together. It really is a cute quilt!

And last but not least- Stars for the "Edelsten" BOM.  I am all caught up on this one- wonder how on earth I managed that LOL.
Off to the sewing room to battle those Basix blocks.... Wish me luck!
Photobucket

4 comments:

  1. Kjempeidé til bruk av minicharmpacks! Kan jeg låne den? (Har mildt sagt et tonn av de..)

    ReplyDelete
  2. So beautiful projects.Love them all!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Hei :-)
    Godt å se at det er flere som har masse på gang samtidig ;-))
    Lykken er vist nye ideer hos meg .
    Kjempe søt duk :-)
    Klrm

    ReplyDelete
  4. Oooh, looks like you've been busy and having fun. I can't wait to see Brenda Riddle's new line -- you lucky girl to have a sneak peek!

    ReplyDelete

Thank you for taking the time to leave a comment, I really appreciate it!