Hand applique

Wednesday, November 5, 2014

New projects :-)


I have unpacked my suitcases after my Houston trip, and this shelf now holds fabrics for new shop samples, fabrics that I bought "Just for fun" and a couple of kits ( also just for fun...) Now my intention is to use this fabric FIRST.... Before any of my older fabrics.....We'll see how that goes ;-)

For my first project in November I wanted to try new rulers we bought at Market.  We've had the X-block ruler at the shop for about 5 years I think, and now they have a new X- block ruler called "Basix" to use with jelly rolls (or 2,5" strips)

For this sample I had to use fabrics already at the shop, so I decided on Lynette Anderson's Christmas line ( along with a red from my stash....)

Look how easy this is... Sew the strips together, then align the marks on the ruler with your sewing lines and cut....

Voila! In no time you have a table topper!  This still needs borders though.....

At the quilt guild meeting last night I played with the mini basix ruler, which works with 1,5" strips... small and fun!

This little piece will turn into a mug rug I think, I just need to decide which motif to use on the side...
That's all I can show you for now... I have a bit of secret sewing going on as well for the SSCS.... Just a couple of weeks before we have to mail our gifts out now,   I am so excited!!!!I really hope my swap partner will like what I am making for her :-)
Well, I am off to the sewing room!
Photobucket

3 comments:

  1. that block looks nice...........have fun using all those fabrics............

    ReplyDelete
  2. Oh and I am sure your SSCS will love whatever you make...........

    ReplyDelete
  3. Looks like Houston was fun again! I always like to see what your working on. thanks for sharing HOpe all is well. Miss you. Hugs to all the family. Marie

    ReplyDelete

Thank you for taking the time to leave a comment, I really appreciate it!