Hand applique

Tuesday, November 1, 2011

A Christmas finish

With the secret sewing for SSCS swap there is not a whole lot I can show these days.... But I do have a Christmas quilt done- I finished it yesterday morning, and I am really happy with it being finished in time for Christmas.  This was a 6 month BOM from AnnAKa we ran at the shop, and the quilt is hanging at the shop for now.  Maybe I will bring it home for Christmas......

Here's a close up from the bottom of the quilt.
So how is everyone doing on their SSCS sewing??  I think I have changed my mind about 10 times about what to make for my two recipients.... I find the PERFECT gift, and start making it- then something else strikes me as MORE perfect..... Oh no- what to do......???? (At least I have the first gifts finished....) I might just have a few things to choose from when the mailing out date arrives... :-)
Off to the sewingroom again- I was inspired by Laila's disappearing 9patch runner and had to make a sample for the shop- thank you Laila! The top is finished and I just need to quilt and bind it.  
Photobucket

7 comments:

  1. Et kjempekoselig juleteppe :-)

    ReplyDelete
  2. Anne, such a pretty finish. The redwork is just perfect for the holiday season.
    Still warm here in Florida!

    ReplyDelete
  3. I love your quilt!!! I have to start my SSCS, I hope to find the time this week.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Oh it is stunning! You can't go wrong with red and white! Congrats on a great finish.

    ReplyDelete
  5. i'm sure you will make gorgeous gifts for your SSCs buddies.......must get into mine...........

    ReplyDelete
  6. Hei.
    Så fint juleteppet er ferdig :-)
    Flott å kunne gi deg nye ideer :-)
    Spennende å se løperen din :-)

    ReplyDelete
  7. Hi! Greetings from Finland! Your quilts are so fantastic! It's so nice to find other quilters all around the world! :)

    ReplyDelete

Thank you for taking the time to leave a comment, I really appreciate it!