Hand applique

Sunday, April 5, 2009

Saturday night sewing

Hello again. Let me tell you I had a blast sewing last night- I am happy to tell you all my Designer Mystery blocks from the Fat quarter shop are done so far, so come on, bring on block no.11- I'm waiting....



Sooo, while I'm waiting for block no. 11 to arrive I am working on pin cushions. I adore this cute ladybug from Rosalie Quinlan Designs- and I was surprised at how quick it was to make, now I'll bring it to the cabin to make the yo-yo's and add them, hey she needs those spots.... When we were kids we thought the spots told how old the ladybug was....


And here is another finish- I made the placemats months ago, but never got around to quilt and bind them. Well, now they are all done, and I sewed up a bunch of new coffemug coasters as well, and a basket to put them in, from Pink Penguin's tutorial.
And while we're talking about the fabulous Pink Penguin- I totally fell in love with this potholder, and I just HAD to buy it from her etsy shop. It is just adorable!

Well, I need to pack my bags and head up to the cabin. I'll make sure to bring a few stitchery projects along with my skis and sunsceen.

Have a wonderful Easter- I'll be back next Monday!

15 comments:

  1. You really had a busy sewing night last night! Five more blocks since I heard from you! Wow!! You'll have a wonderful quilt here!

    Cute pincushion! And the placemats, coasters and basket is fabulous! And I can see why you just had to have that potholder ;o)

    ReplyDelete
  2. Could you please tell me more about this FQ program? You know I love that kind of blocks...
    Very, very nice!

    ReplyDelete
  3. OMG... one night? The blocks look wonderful. The ladybug pincushion is cute... need to start working on mine!

    Hope your ski-vacation at the cabin will be fabulous! Enjoy and Happy easter!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Hi. You realy had a busy nigth.. Great work. ;-)
    I have done my Ladybug she are eight years old ;-)
    But there are more pincushions waiting to be "born" on my sewing table.LOL
    Have a great easter. Hugs

    ReplyDelete
  5. Realy , realy nice!! I in this program myself but I am not finished with the last 3 blocks. I hope to finish them soon, I only have some other projects to finish first, lol..
    The colours in this project is so wonderful. Have you bought the finishing kit? I wonder if I will use the backing as my outher boarder but I not decided yet. Happy Easter!!

    ReplyDelete
  6. I love your blocks! Each one of prettier than the next. I recognize those pretty coffee coasters...ours are used everyday, and I love them. I love that fabric!!

    ReplyDelete
  7. Your fabric basket is so cute!! It would be so nice to have a basket like that on a coffee table!
    Thanks for your order for the potholder! I'm so glad to hear you like it!!

    ReplyDelete
  8. must get my Fat shop blocks done.......and the pincushion BOM.......

    ReplyDelete
  9. Oh and I love your other sewing projects........

    ReplyDelete
  10. What a productive weekend!! Your coaster and placemat set is lovely - great idea to make a storage basket for the set! Enjoy your Easter.

    ReplyDelete
  11. You're FAST! Well done, have a Happy Easter yourself; enjoy! You inspire me with all that you accomplish.

    ReplyDelete
  12. You have been busy sewing. The blocks are great. But I just love your pincushion, I collect pincushions and now I 'm sorry that I didn't join the pincushion of the month. Your placemat and little bag are so cute.

    ReplyDelete
  13. Hi Anne Heidi...you were the winner of the book on my blog! Yahoo!

    ReplyDelete
  14. Hei!Kom tilfeldigvis inn på din blogg. Jeg har kost meg med masse fint rundt omkring, og jeg falt pladask for blokkene dine på dette innlegget. Må bare følge med på fortsettelsen :)

    ReplyDelete

Thank you for taking the time to leave a comment, I really appreciate it!