Hand applique

Monday, September 15, 2008

Fun mail and lovely visitors.

I know I know, I am such a bad blogger- it has been waayyy too long in between my posts, so here we go...Saturday was a great day for squishies in our mailbox. I guess my birthday has officially started with this lovely starblock that I received from Caroline1947 of the Off Kilter Quilters Birthdayblock swap group over on the Quilting forum. Thank you Caroline, it is beautiful! Now my birthday is still a month away, but hey, I've learned from Sharon that birthdays last as long as you are receiving gifts :-)
I'm sure you've seen lots of these popping up all over blogland. This is the first pincushion club package, and I love the colors of the felt, this will make two lovely pincushions
Today I had a wonderful visit at the shop from Laila, Vigdis and Lisbeth (no blog). They drove for a few hours to get here, and I am so honored that they made the trip here. I really enjoyed their visit, and I hope you'll be bak again some day!
Laila made this cute handbag for the trip, it's just so adorable. I love the colors she used!
Last week I decided I needed a new project (yeah right, I NEEDED a new project LOL) So I hit some new funky fabrics and made a tablerunner, here's all you get to see today, 'cause I don't have a picture of the whole thing yet....Sorry!
Have a super day, and thanks for visiting!

7 comments:

  1. Nice post! Yes, we do need new projects all the time, isn't it strange? Wish I could visit your shop too! I made my pincushions this weekend, they are so fun to make!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Hello. It has been sutch a great day. Realy loved to visit your shop. We will be back some day. Great to see you on the blog again. ;-)
    Hugs from us all...

    ReplyDelete
  3. Hyggelig med besøk i butikken. Kjenner godt 2 andre damer som også var innom deg flere ganger forrige uke. Idag var det show and tell hjemme hos meg. Kirsten hadde sydd ei lekker toalettveske av de lekre rosa stoffene som hun kjøpte hos deg, de samme som du har brukt i løperen din. Gleder meg til å se den ferdig.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Hi Anne, you will really enjoy receiving the birthday blocks over the next few weeks (I know I enjoyed receiving mine) I just wish I could get around to sorting them out, seeing what needs to be added and putting them together, but as I'm cataloguing in my blog I've plenty of UFO's to finish first. I look forward to seeing photos of all the blocks you get

    ReplyDelete
  5. Looking forward to seeing the rest of the tablerunner! Hopefully one day it will be me visiting your shop!!

    ReplyDelete
  6. I wish I could visit your shop but I would have to fly for hours and hours :D

    ReplyDelete
  7. ciao.
    waw.. congratulation for your work..
    very very best..
    sorry for my english
    ciao
    ciao
    anna paola italy

    ReplyDelete

Thank you for taking the time to leave a comment, I really appreciate it!