Hand applique

Tuesday, July 29, 2008

I'm still here...

Well hello there, did you think I had forgotten all about you? Of course I haven't, I've just been busy...visiting Sea World, relaxing on the beach...watching the kids build sandcastles, surfing and having fun. I have also met Marie, and we had such a great time shopping at two local quilt shops. Marie is so sweet, and she even broght me a big bag with sweet gifts- thank you so much Marie- I can't wait to see you again! I'll show you pictures of the gifts and my loots from the shops another day, I promise!
We are really enjoying "family time", and spending time with old friends. Friday night we went to the Hoop de doo dinner show at Disney's Fort Wilderness resort with my best friend and her family, and we had such a great time. Here's Ola with one of the stars of the show.
Sea World in Orlando is always a hit- we had a wonderful day and watched ALL the shows!
Since there is NO QUILTING going on, I'll finally show you my Noahs Ark blocks from Lynette's BOM. I finished the Elephants before we left on our vacation, and I can't wait to see which animal will be next...
I also finished the "Winter sampler" top from Crab Apple Hill before we left, and I am pleased with how it turned out. I haven't decided how to quit it yet, but I might try to hand quilt it... still have to think about that one though...
And finally, there is the Cupcake swap- I've been shopping and making a little something for my partner Angela... I can't show anything though....but we had to get some cupcakes for our anniversary on Saturday (11 years) And what could fit better than cupcakes with flip flops....
Until next time, take care, and thank you for stopping by!

12 comments:

  1. I love all the pictures of the family, can't wait to get together again, I know you have reunion this coming week-end, maybe we can do something this week, call me I keep missing you when I call. I had Faith today and we had such a good time. I am stitching and quilting away. Love to the family, Marie

    ReplyDelete
  2. Oh how I enjoyed this post, it sounds so fun and exciting for your family! And thanks for posting the photo of the redwork...I was planning on doing mine in red and haven't started yet. Seeing yours cinched it for me, I love it in red! You look great in the photo with Marie!

    ReplyDelete
  3. What an amazing holiday! Love your redwork stitcheries - the elephants are my favourite! Best wishes for your anniversary.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Ha en fortsatt fin ferie..Hadde en super sy-uke i Sverige-sliter med ettervirkningen (sene kvelder,mye god mat og drikke,symaskinøyne,heshet,såre øreganger osv,osv.)så resten av min ferie blir tilbrakt på terassen i stekende sol. Siw.

    ReplyDelete
  5. You look wonderful and happy and tanned! Great to see your family and all the work you’ve been doing!
    Love your Noak’s Ark!

    Enjoy your vacation!

    ReplyDelete
  6. You are having a great time "over there" Enjoy it and come back with a lot of inspiration to show us.

    ReplyDelete
  7. Looks like your holiday has been good for you. Very pretty and eye catching Winter redwork.

    ReplyDelete
  8. Hi Anne - it looks like you are all having a great time there and you've certainly caught the sun - like the rest I love the winter sample stitchery great work
    Ethne

    ReplyDelete
  9. I found you from Lynette Anderson and i am so glad she featured your work...love the Noah's Ark in redwork.

    ReplyDelete
  10. I've also found you from Lynette Anderson. Your version in redwork is gorgeous!

    ReplyDelete
  11. Looks like you're having a wonderful time in FL, thanks for sharing! Safe travels to you and your family.

    ReplyDelete
  12. I love redwork too!Your BOM by L.Anderson is very nice and exclusive

    ReplyDelete

Thank you for taking the time to leave a comment, I really appreciate it!