Hand applique

Wednesday, April 16, 2008

WIP's

I know I'm not the only quilter with multiple flimsies and WISP's laying around. This past weekend i was off work on Saturday, and decided to bring out my "little" box of treasures (read WISP's). First I found these three little girls armless and faceless, poor dears, and enlisted the boys to stuff their bodies while I worked on their arms and faces. It was actually Sigve and Ola who helped me get started on them, and they each sewed a doll before the project came to an abrupt hault (read Bedtime...) This was about a month ago. Now all three girls are finished, and two of them are currently living in my shopwindow. The pattern is Sang Sang from Melly & Me, and it was really easy and fun!
Next I figured I'd quilt and finish this tablerunner. It s the same one as my Easter runner, made from a Quilters Cache pattern "on the Oregon Trail." It felt so good to actually finih these- now there's only about 11 WISP's left, plus the new bag I started yesterday...
And I am DYING to get started on some of the new patterns from Bird Brain Design that arrived at the shop today- they are just so pretty! Now I also started another project without telling you... more about that one later. Ok, now I'm off to do some stitching. Thanks for reading!

11 comments:

  1. I guess you feel happy finishing some WISPs. I have to look through mine also now and concentrate on some of them. Wrote a list at work today and I'll see if I manage to blog them today before going on my cabintrip.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Beautiful finishes. I too must finish my long awaited progects. Blessings

    ReplyDelete
  3. The little dolls are such cuties and the table runner is a pretty one. To have a family to care for and also own a quilt shop, you get lots of projects made and I'm impressed. Keep stitchin'

    ReplyDelete
  4. Way to go with your finishes. Don't you just love Melly and Me patterns!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Pat yourself on the back for completing the WISPs. I always feel so good about finishing something that should have been finished ages ago!

    ReplyDelete
  6. I love the Sang Sang’s you made witt the help of your little guys! It’s the only pattern I still did not buy. I need to make some time to start the MellyandMe softie-projects. Ohhh I wish we had 48 hours in a day!

    ReplyDelete
  7. Love the dolls, they are so cute, think I need to make some......

    ReplyDelete
  8. I have a Bird Brain pattern sitting on my desk right now, I am itchin' to get stitchin' on that one, too! No, rest assured, you are NOT the only one with a pile of WIP's!

    ReplyDelete
  9. What cute little girls. Their faces are so sweet and I love their outfits. :) What good boys you have to help you. Isn't it great to get stuff done??!! Oooo, the redwork projects are cute, too. I'm finally getting to sew this week and I'm now in my happy place. :) Love, love, love the table runner. I did a quilt with that pattern and had a good time with it. Your fabrics are so cute together.

    ReplyDelete
  10. The little dolls are ever so cute!

    ReplyDelete
  11. I really like your tablerunner - always drawn to pink and brown. Love the redwork stitchery patterns too.

    ReplyDelete

Thank you for taking the time to leave a comment, I really appreciate it!