Friday, April 11, 2008
This and that
Jackie at Canton Village Quilt Works has tagged me for the "7 random things" game. I have played along a few times before, so I might be repeating myself here....
1. I love to bake and cook. I constantly search for new receipes on the web, and I own quite a few cookbooks.
2. In college I took bowling and waterskiing for my PE credits.
3. My first job ever was at a fabric shop (I started working Saturdays when I was 14)
4. I love birds, we had a goofy parrot (red lori) in Florida. His name was Alex, and he was a riot- he talked up a storm, and loved taking showers.
5. Now we have to bunnies- Snipp and Snapp. They are 4 years old and live outside year round. They love to be cuddled and the kids like to take the on walks around the yard.
Hope I didn't bore you to death there... If you want to play, consider yourself tagged!
On to other business; yesterday was a good day for some finishes. First off, I finished the Schoolhouse sampler from Cinderberry Stitches. Then I started sewing these two pencil cases. One for Ola, and one for a friend of Sigve, who asked me ever so politely if I could please make him a pencil case like Sigve had. Now who can resist a 10 year old asking so nicely for something home made? His initial is also "O", that is why there is an O on both cases.
Then last night I continued with the binding on my summerquilt, I finished the last side this morning before going to work, and I figured I'd take some pictures of in in the yard. Now you can see it will be a while before I can enjoy it as a picnic blanket.... I'd be happy to share some of this snow with y'all!!
Have a wonderful weekend, and thank you for reading!