Hand applique

Monday, March 19, 2007

Wow, what a weekend!


I've had the most wonderful weekend at the Norwgian Quilt Association yearly meeting in Hell. No, that's not a joke, the town's name is Hell. American quilter Katie Pasquini Masopust said no one would believe her when she told them she had been teaching in Hell...

I did a "fractured landscapes"class with Katie Pasquini Masopust, and she was just great. We had so much fun! I don't think you will se my "masterpiece" for a few months though, I barely got started...but I will keep working on it, and maybe in a year or so it will be done.

I also did two classes with Norwegian designer Anrè Wallenborg. He designs purses and handbags for the crown princess, and his handbags sell for big bucks. He was a great teacher, and I actually finished both the purse and the wallet.


I had two quilts in the members exhibition, "storm in Bali"


and a smaller piece I call "summer vacation"

I met so many really nice quilters, and it was fun to meet others that I've only "met" on the net before, like May Britt Nina and Anita
So thank you to all of you! I can't wait until next year...
Oh, and I did get to do some shopping.... I'll have to post about that later :)

14 comments:

  1. Dette høyrest fantastisk ut! Reknar med du er medlem av quilteforbundet sidan du reist på dette treffet. Er det å anbefale? Og for nokon arbeid du stilte ut, og for nokon arbeid du laga der! Eg er matt!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Høres ut som du har hatt en topp helg! Må være herlig å møte så mange andre lappedamer. Sikkert masse inspirasjon å hente og mye nytt å lære. Nydelige ting du har laget! "Storm i Bali" er jo bare så flott! Imponerende stykke arbeid!

    ReplyDelete
  3. What an exciting weekend! Wow, I'm so happy for you! And to have experienced this in 'hell'? Too Much! I absolutely LOVE the art quilt of yours on the blog - it inspires me to try something like that. My hubby loves sailing, boats, the water, and I should really make an attempt at something artful with that in mind. So glad you had a fun time!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Vad härligt det ser ut. Kram Stina

    ReplyDelete
  5. Så flotte ting du har laget . jeg var på Hell på lørdag og så teppene dine "live" .

    ReplyDelete
  6. Love your Storm in Bali quilt, and the handbag, and the wallet...Glad you had a great time! You need to show your shopping now you realise?

    ReplyDelete
  7. Storm in Bali teppet ditt er bare nydelig! Så fine avstemte farger du har brukt! Vesken og pungen du har sydd er også kjempefine - og igjen fine farger.

    ReplyDelete
  8. Very nice work. I love the Summer Vacation little quilt. I'm kind of going through a little quilt fetish right now...too bad, I have big quilts to work on! ;) It's all good, tho.

    ReplyDelete
  9. Lovely quilts, I adore the "Storm" made from batiks... clever name! The wallet and bag are pretty. I dodn't know one was allowed to quilt in Hell! Great post. Now, what did you buy? ;)

    ReplyDelete
  10. Hei Anne Heidi :-D
    Takk for sist - det var kjempehyggelig å hilsen på deg :-D
    Teppet "storm in Bali" er rålekkert - ble helt betatt da jeg så det på årsmøtet. Du er råflink med farger :-)))

    ReplyDelete
  11. Ciao, I like everything in your post..quilts, bags.... I think you've spent a nice day at the expo! ciao, ciao

    ReplyDelete
  12. Hei og takk for sist. Det var hyggelig å treffe deg. Flotte ting du har laget. Er litt misunnelig på det veskekurset, men kanskje jeg får gått en annen gang.

    ReplyDelete
  13. I'm getting my atlas out to check where Hell is! Love your quilts and bags that you made!

    ReplyDelete
  14. Ja for en weekend i Hell, og for den amerikanske dama som fekk ei god oppleving i Hell!!! Ha ha! Ein vits har versert om akkurat dette; for på mange tettsted er det ofte eit godslager,- GODSEXPEDITION, så på engelsk blir dette noko anna enn vanleg gods då.... og ein slik ekpedition var der òg in Hell!! Trur eg linkar til denne fine sida di på bloggen min, ok?

    ReplyDelete

Thank you for taking the time to leave a comment, I really appreciate it!