Hand applique

Sunday, February 18, 2007

Pirate mittens and a 35 year old UFO



I found a neat pattern for mittens on www.hello yarn.com that would even pass Jack Sparrows definition of "cool". I adjusted the pattern to fit a child, and made the cuffs so the mittens will stay on his hands, and not slide off. They were fast to knit, and it was fun doing something other than the traditional Norwegian star patterns (and how cool for a 2nd grader...)



My mother received a few bundles of this red yarn from a lady when I was born, and started knitting something for me (I'm not sure what it was, but she never finished it) And last week she found it again in her chest, and decided to finish this 35 year old project... So last night, she brought Kristine this nice shawl, and could cross this UFO off her list :)

1 comment:

Thank you for taking the time to leave a comment, I really appreciate it!