Hand applique

Thursday, November 17, 2016

From Texas to Florida

Quilt Market was busy and fun as always, and this was one of my favorite quilts there! I see one of these being made in my near future.... ( pattern and fabric by Zen Chic for Moda)

After our busy days in Houston we headed to Orlando for some fun in the sun :-)  Breakfast with a view!  We rented a house so we had plenty of space, and our own pool, nice!  It was great to unwind and run around shopping.....

Of course we had to visit quilt shops!  This is Heartfelt quilting and sewing in Kissimmee.  They had a lovely shop and they were super nice!  Did I buy anything?  Well, yes of course I did... LOL

Here we are outside the quilt shop, Merete, Karin and me. 


Of course I had to show them the beach- so we headed to Cocoa Beach for a few hours.  Lunch at the Cocoa Beach Pier was great!  We could eat, get sun and watch the surfers all at the same time.  The burger was awesome by the way!

Love the chairs on the pier, I'd like one just like this at home ( maybe in a different color though....)

After eating we headed don to the beach.  The water was great, not too cold at all even if it was November.  We managed a long walk on the beach as well.

Before we drove back to Orlando I had to take Merete and Karin to Ron Jon Surf Shop- Such a cool place, and check out their Christmas tree....

One of the goals for our Florida detour was the Disney Wine and Dine Half Marathon weekend.  Merete and I ran Mickeys Holiday 5K through Disney's Animal Kingdom very early Friday morning ( 6.30AM) Lots of people and lots of fun!

And we even have the bling to prove we ran :-)
Thank you for joining me Merete, I had a blast!!

Thanks for stopping by!
Photobucket

1 comment:

Thank you for taking the time to leave a comment, I really appreciate it!