Hand applique

Sunday, November 8, 2015

Weekend sewing


This weekend Svein and Sigve have been away for ski training again, so Ola and I have been "home alone". That means we do what we like best- He watches movies and plays games ( typical 16 year old), and I get to sew.....  I am working on my Hope Chest blocks, and I need to find a fabric for the sashing now....

This will look so pretty!!

I do have a few projects going.... We needed to make some samples for the shop out of new fabric that arrived right before quilt market- so I started on a few placemats as well....

Then I remembered I had made some Christmas placemats a while back..... They need to be quilted and bound so they are ready when December rolls around.

Last night I basted this together, and I had planned on quilting it today, but I started reading a new book last night (Me before you by Jojo Moyes)( Et helt halvt år) , and I haven't been able to put it down long enough to start quilting..... I am on page 395 now, and I will probably read the last 100 pages tonight.... I am just hopeless when it comes to reading books.  I can't seem to put them down  until I finish them.... So no more time for blogging.... Thanks for stopping by!
Oh and by the way- I did get some secret SSCS sewing in as well......
Photobucket

7 comments:

  1. You have been very busy, such beautiful projects. I to am making Hope Chest, its a lovely quilt. Happy sewing.

    ReplyDelete
  2. HI Anne Heidi, wow you're a busy lady! Your book is clearly enjoyable, because you can't put it down... lots of lovely sewing there too... xx

    ReplyDelete
  3. Home & sewing are both good things. I love all your projects.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Looks like you're busy making lots of fun stuff. I especially like those cute trees!

    ReplyDelete
  5. The Hope Chest blocks look beautiful!

    ReplyDelete
  6. yes lovely hope chest block..........lots of things on the go for you at the moment............
    good to hear there was some SSCS sewing too...........

    ReplyDelete
  7. It's going to be a stunning quilt. I love the fabrics in the hope chest block.

    ReplyDelete

Thank you for taking the time to leave a comment, I really appreciate it!