Hand applique

Saturday, September 10, 2011

Work in progress and new projects

You might remember the Christmas stitcheries I was working on over the spring and summer?  I think I blogged a couple of them- but not all.  This is a BOM by AnnAKa, called "Glædelig Jul" (Merry Christmas), and I have the top all put together now.  All that's left is to appliquè the doves and Christmas baulbles. For some reason this last step seems to take a while- but I really need to just get it done!

Here are the doves almost ready to appliquè onto the top.

And this is ONE of the reasons for my procrastination- I had a layer cake that I just HAD to use..... So I made hourglass blocks, fun and quick when i just wanted to sew without having to read instructions.....

Oh, and I dug out some older fabrics from my stash that I want to use for a class sample- this one needs to be done in two weeks- so I guess it will be my focus project this weekend :-)
What are you working on?
Hope you have a great weekend- thanks for stopping by!
Photobucket

5 comments:

  1. Nice to see what you are up to! Love the pinwheels. No stitching here, just a final assignment...hopefully stitching next weekend!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Skriver på norsk jeg! Fant siden din via Kristins Kreative kromspring. Liker arbeidene dine veldig godt. Du har god fargesans og stil som tiltaler meg veldig! Lykke til videre med quilting og bloggen din.
    Ps. La deg til blogglisten min, så husker jeg på å titte innom. H

    ReplyDelete
  3. lots of great things in progress here. the redwork project really catches my eye!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Hi there, Love the redwork! I am working on a pkg for you, I love my gifts, your the best! Hope all is well with your family, miss you all. I learned to or rather got reaquainted with crochet while in Mn. so I am having a great time with it.Chat soon! Hugs, Marie

    ReplyDelete
  5. OH, your doves will look wonderful on your stitchery quilt!! Love the red and white combination, it is so pretty!! I am working on way too many things all at the same time!

    ReplyDelete

Thank you for taking the time to leave a comment, I really appreciate it!