Hand applique

Sunday, August 7, 2011

Happy day!

Today I finally finished a quilt I started a year and a half ago. It was intended as a gift for someone, but during the piecing I realized it wouldn't be a perfect gift for who I was making it for- so I never got around to quilt it and finish it. Then this spring I started quilting it, but had to rip out almost all the quilting when I was half way done, because it was distorting and the batting wouldn't stay in place- I was so fed up with the whole project it went back on my banister waiting for me to finish it- one day..... Then yesterday I finally finished quilting it and got the binding on- this morning I finished hand sewing the binding to the back and attached a label- so now it is FINALLY all done- it's even washed and dried- all ready to snuggle under :-)
The pattern is called "Ashleys journey" I believe- it's from a book- but now I can't remember which one....

I also wanted to show you this- have you seen these before- they are called pinmoor- and they are sooo great- I was able to quilt this runner without scratching myself on the pins, and let me tell you that's a first for me!
Hope you all have a great week, thanks for stopping by :-)
Photobucket

7 comments:

  1. Those pinmoors looks great. I would like to try them next time I am quilting :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. Nydelig, fargerik quilt å bruke når du trenger noe å varme deg under. Og fantastisk deilig å bli ferdig med noe som har hengt på vent lenge.

    Ønsker deg en fantastisk dag og uke.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Et flott teppe. Sikkert godt og være ferdig med det også - ikke alle prosjekter som skal være like greie.
    Ønsker deg en flott dag.

    ReplyDelete
  4. And were can you buy those pinmore. The top where you use the pinmore is so nice, is it your own design

    ReplyDelete
  5. Your quilt looks beautiful. I've got the book with "Ashley's Journey" in it - the book is called "Piece of Pie" by Brenda and Bonnie Bailey.
    Nicola

    ReplyDelete
  6. Pretty quilt!!! I haven't seen those Pinmoors...looks like something I need.

    ReplyDelete
  7. Gratulerer så mye med å ha fått ferdig en "frustrasjonsquilt" - nå kan du kose deg med den i stedet for å tenke på alt som gikk galt underveis ;-)

    Hmmm... pinmoor ser absolutt ut som et godt alternativ til sikkerhetsnåler... Takk for tipset!

    ReplyDelete

Thank you for taking the time to leave a comment, I really appreciate it!