Hand applique

Monday, May 3, 2010

Thank you!

A warm thank you to all of you who left comforting comments on my last post.  I truly appreciate every one of them!
Last week I managed to start AND finish a quilt.  I will show pictures later- after the recipient has received it.  It was very comforting to just sit and sew and let my mind wander free.  After I was finished though I realized what a mess my sewingroom was, DH even told the kids mommy's room was worse than their rooms... Imagine that!  So over the weekend there was NO sewing going on at all- but some major cleaning!  I even discovered projects, patterns and fabrics I didn't realize I had.... ooops....

Ola helped me cut some of those scraps using the GO fabric cutter.  I just love how quickly it turns fabric into pieces ready to sew together. And Ola loves to turn that handle....

I made this quilt over a month ago, but I haven't gotten around to blog it until now. The pattern was in American Patchwork and Quilting May/June issue I believe. I still need to take a picture of the finished quilt with all the praire points and the binding added.
Another top finished. This is Gail's "Roly poly Santas" that I started last fall at the class with Gail and Leanne.... I still need to quilt it, but I am saving that for later...
I don't know if you remember these.... I discovered them while cleaning out some of my shelves... Now I am off to the sewingroom to see if I can get some more pieces cut and maybe start sewing them together.
Thank you for stopping by, have a wonderful week!

4 comments:

  1. So sorry to read the sad news of your loss, I send my sympathy and wishes for strength and comfort for you, his friends, and his family.

    You projects are, as always, gorgeous and inspiring! I love that pink and brown number and your wedge pieces look so happy and bright. I would imagine there would be lots of helpers to turn the handle on the Go! cutter. I am intrigued by that machine, just not enough to spring for one yet!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Nice to "see" you back! It is very therapeutic to clean our sewing rooms...you certainly uncovered some treasures!

    ReplyDelete
  3. I love the wedge quilt. The colors are great. Maybe I should clean out my sewing room too. I doubt I would find the lovely projects you uncovered, but it would be nice to see if there is anything under my piles.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Gorgeous wedges there, I am glad you found that fabric on your shelves to play with!

    ReplyDelete

Thank you for taking the time to leave a comment, I really appreciate it!