Hand applique

Sunday, May 10, 2009

Sewing day

I promised to keep you updated on my national costume sewing, so here it is. Last night I fixed the hemline of the skirt, now it just needs a braides wool band sewn at the bottom, hopefully that will get done tomorrow. In the meantime I am still working on the vest. Lots of hand sewing with lovely silk thread. What you see is the back, and I am sewing the front sides on today.
On theknitting front I am making the boys half mittens for May 17th. It is usually very cold here on that day, and playing in the marching band can be VERY uncomfortable with freezing fingers. Poor Kini is a majorette, so she can't wear any gloves....
Back to my sewing...

To all my blogging friends, a very happy Mothers day to you!

Posted by Picasa

No comments:

Post a Comment

Thank you for taking the time to leave a comment, I really appreciate it!