Hand applique

Friday, June 27, 2008

Alittle bit of everything

Well, I couldn't find a better title for this post... sorry! First I want to show you these goodies that came in my mailbox yesterday from Lise in Australia. We had arranged a little pattern swap, and she was just the sweetest girl to add yet another pattern with gorgeous hand made ceramic buttons made by a friend of hers, the talented Robyn Allen Waters, and a whole bag of chocolate. This little guy had lots and lots of friends in a great BIG bag- but they were all consumed last night, and they were gooood! Thank you Lise, you are such a sweetheart :-)
I have totally forgotten to show you the finished flip flop bag. (I told you a girl can never have too many bags, right?) I just made two large pockets for water bottles, and a small one for a pen inside, and I also added a keyring holder. Searching through the bottom of my bag for keys is no fun, so this is a great way to keep track of them.
And while we are on the subject of key rings- Lynette has a key ring thingie going on- with a give away! So here is a shot of some of my key rings. There seems to be a theme going on here... Minnie Mouse, Surf board, Ron Jon's surfmobile... need I say more. The one on the left is my favorite- I have more of these in different fabrics, and they are so fun and easy to make. You can find the tutorial here on Creative Little daisy's blog.
Well, that's all folks
oh wait I forgot... I've been getting ready for winter... This Winter sampler stitchery is in my hands every morning before going to the shop. Now I need to finish it quick so I can get started on those "two brown chickens".
Later alligators!

3 comments:

  1. Don’t you love those swaps?
    The bag is gorgeous!

    ReplyDelete
  2. So glad you liked your parcel. Am desperately trying to finish something so I can start my chicken stitchery too!! Love the bag!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Love those "flip flops" they are called Thongs here in Aus, & thongs ( knickers) are called G-strings could cause some embarassment in the wrong context !! :)

    ReplyDelete

Thank you for taking the time to leave a comment, I really appreciate it!